Tag Archive for "2012 Presidential Race"

My Turn To Eat Crow

  I was wrong.  No excuses, no whining – I was simply wrong.  It was not Romney early and often.  President Obama and the Democrats won a tough fought victory holding onto the Presidency and increasing their advantage in the Senate from a 53-47 starting point.  I had been preaching for weeks that the key…
Read More »

Romney To Unplanned Crowd of Thousands In Pittsburgh “That’s When You Know You Are Going To Win”

  PITTSBURGH – Governor Romney’s campaign always makes the candidate’s arrivals in various cities known to the local media, and in turn the public, but never before has a crowd of this size shown up to greet him.  Upon landing here in Pittsburgh, Romney’s aides appeared shock as they crowded around the windows to check out the…
Read More »

Huge Images Of Obama Remain Inside Polling Places, Return Of The Black Panthers

  Frequent followers of Thinking Right know that about 5% of our stories here are spoofs while the remaining 95% are real hard news and commentary.  This story is part of the 95% and none of the photo’s here have been modified.  Folks voting in the 35th precinct in Philadelphia were greeted by a wall size…
Read More »

United Nations Troops, Repeat Voters & Adolf Hitler

  No matter how much we all might disagree about the issues and the candidates, I hope the one thing that we all agree on is that the meaning of our votes are not diluted or diminished by voter fraud, election fraud or voter intimidation.  Unfortunately, there have already been multiple incidents of electronic voting…
Read More »

Pardon Me, I’m Confused – Reflections On Election Eve

  Nearing the final hours of this campaign I honestly keep asking myself a single question – what am I missing?  An economy in shambles.  The forced adoption of a health care plan that the vast majority of the country opposes.  A failed foreign policy that has greatly diminished the standing of the United States. …
Read More »

Why Is America So Divided?

  Spending the weekend with an intelligent crowd from San Francisco I was struck with just how different even the informed can think about the same things with the same access to the same information. Obviously not shy to express my own opinion, I gladly shared with the crowd my election prediction of a 327-211…
Read More »

Obama Lies (Part 1) – Some Jeep Manufacturing IS Moving To China

  It is so frustrating to watch Obama stand before a crowd and call Governor Romney a liar at the top of his lungs.  I just want to stand up and yell “LIAR!” back at my television.  Knowing that if I did that my children would stop wondering if I was a little crazy and…
Read More »

Close, Schmose – Romney Wins Early In Landslide

  Never one to avoid putting myself out there, I decided to break from normal journalistic fear and actually make myself accountable for my projections for next Tuesday.  I have gone through all of the polls with a fine tooth comb and this is how I think things are going to play out next week….
Read More »

John And Ken’s 2012 California Voter’s Guide

From KFI AM 640 Election Headquarters – http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/Election.html?feed=452967&article=10448674   U.S. Presidential Race: MITT ROMNEY/PAUL RYAN ——————————————————— U.S. Senate Race: ELIZABETH EMKEN ——————————————————— L.A. County District Attorney: DECISION PENDING Alan Jackson- Gang Homicide Prosecuter Jackie Lacey- Chief Deputy D.A.   ——————————————————— Proposition 30: VOTE NO Increases personal income tax on annual earnings over $250,000 for seven…
Read More »

The Presidential Candidates, Social Issues, and the Constitution (Part 3 of 3) – “The Abuse of Power”

   In Part 2 of this discussion I covered how the U.S. Constitution established three branches of government, each with specific duties (separation of powers), which provided a system of checks and balances.  This system was established to prevent any single branch of government from becoming more powerful than the other two. Another separation of powers spelled…
Read More »

Sandy Could Materially Impact Election

  The worst nightmare of any presidential candidate is the unanticipated eleventh hour event that could materially impact the election.  Hurricane Sandy may be just such an event in 2012.  Superficially it has already altered the strategies of both campaigns and its full consequence may not be known until after the election.   First, both…
Read More »

Obama Gangnam Style

  Featuring style and look over substance, PSY’s “Gangnam Style” will probably be the first music video to reach 1 BILLION views. Pause and think about that for a moment. A video produced in South Korea featuring Korean lyrics is going to have views equal to roughly 15% of the worlds population and a much…
Read More »